7 Things You Should Stop Doing Once You’re In A Serious Relationship
Written by wolverat on February 3, 2021
1. You should stop worrying about looking clingy. Your person isn’t going to be annoyed if you text first or invite them over to your place every weekend. They’re going to be excited about the fact you want to see them as much as they want to see you. You’ve already established you like each other, so why should you hold back your feelings for any longer? You should let them know they’re loved. Let them know they’re appreciated. And let them know they’re missed.
2. You should stop swiping on dating apps. You shouldn’t keep dating apps downloaded on your phone just in case your relationship ends. If your relationship does end, you can always download them again. It doesn’t take long. But in the meantime, you shouldn’t be expecting your relationship to go south. You shouldn’t be assuming something is going to go wrong. You shouldn’t be a pessimist. If you assume your relationship is going to end, you could end up causing it to end on accident.
3. You should stop making excuses for your bad behavior. If you hurt your person, you can explain why you behaved the way that you did so they understand the situation better, but you shouldn’t make excuses for your mistakes. You shouldn’t act like hurting their feelings was justified. You should own up to what you’ve done, apologize, and try to treat them better in the future. If you’re serious about this person, then you shouldn’t want to hurt this person. You should want to be the best partner possible.
4. You should stop hiding your authentic emotions. When you first meet someone, it’s natural to keep your guard up high. But if you’re in a serious relationship with someone, you should feel comfortable expressing your emotions to them. You shouldn’t feel weird about opening up to them about your innermost secrets. You should trust them with your words. You should believe them when they say they aren’t going to judge you. You’re never going to make a relationship work if you’re hiding half of your heart. You have to hand over the whole thing, even though it’s scary.
5. You should stop trying so hard to impress them. There’s nothing wrong with doing nice things for your person and hoping they’re flattered — but you shouldn’t pretend to be someone you’re not because you think that’s what they want from you. If this person is really interested in you, they won’t want you to put on an act. They’ll want you to be yourself. They’ll want to get to know the real you.
6. You should stop flirting with other people. It doesn’t matter whether you view what you’re doing as harmless. It doesn’t matter whether you’re only fooling around with friends. It doesn’t matter whether you have zero interest in ending your current relationship. If your partner gets insecure over you flirting with other people, then you should respect them enough to stop. You should put all of the energy you usually place into flirting and put it into your person. Show them you’re happy with them and only them.
7. You should stop overthinking every word they say to you. You’re in a relationship now. If you’re confused about what they meant in a text, you can ask them. If you’re upset about a decision they made, you can talk to them. Most of your problems can be solved with simple communication.