6 Signs You’re Coming Dangerously Close To Cheating
Written by wolverat on July 15, 2020
1. You’re actively hiding your phone from your partner. Why don’t you want them to see your phone? What are you worried about having pop onto the screen? If you’re starting to get secretive about your cell and are tilting the screen away from your partner when they walk into the room, there must be a reason. Even if you’re not texting anything raunchy, if you don’t want your partner to see another person’s name on your phone, you’re probably doing something sketchy.
2. You’re running to this new person whenever you have good or bad news. Emotional cheating is just as bad as physical cheating. If you’re using another person (especially a person you’re attracted to) as your confidant and leaving your partner in the dark, there’s a problem. You should feel like you can tell your partner anything. They should be the first person you want to talk to when something good happens to you, and the person you want to rant to when everything falls apart. If you feel like someone else understands you better, maybe you should be with them instead.
3. You’re purposely playing down your relationship with another person. If you’re lying to your partner about how often you hang out with someone or have long, intense conversations with someone, then this could be a problem. There’s no reason to hide aspects of your life from your partner unless you feel like you’re doing something wrong. If your conversations felt innocent, then you wouldn’t hide them. You would be open about them. Anytime you have the urge to hide something from your person, you have to ask yourself why you feel that way.
4. You’re flirting with the same person every single day. Sometimes, flirting is harmless. Some people are naturally more playful than others. However, if you’re consistently flirting with the same person every single day at work or school, what is the difference between what you’re doing and real flirting? You have to ask yourself, if your partner was doing the same thing, would you be comfortable? Or would you be pissed?
5. You’re putting in effort to impress this other person. If you never bother to get dressed up for your partner anymore, but you’re spending hours doing your hair and makeup whenever you’re going to see a certain someone, that’s an issue. You have to ask yourself why you’re trying to impress them. Do you simply enjoy the compliments? Or are you hoping something will happen between the two of you? What is your end goal? Your intentions are something you should always have in the back of your mind.
6. You’re considering leaving your partner to be with this other person. If you want someone else when you’re in a relationship, end the relationship. Your person doesn’t deserve to be led on — and they certainly don’t deserve to be cheated on. Do everyone involved a favor and break up with each other now before you do something you regret. You don’t want to hurt someone who would never dream of hurting you.